caligulawyer

The most smart aleck law student blog of them all. Do not try this at home.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Civil procedure at high noon

Yay! I appear to be putting my school on the map as the sole listed blogger on 'cleverwot', a site that indexes law student blogs. we need to get listed. we need all the help we can get.
It's currently finals, so the building stinks of fear and fills regularly with cluster fucks as we get our exams printed so the profs can tell us that no, Jamika is not liable and number 14 was in fact, B. After civil procedure the other day I had this strange desire to watch a Western, which was truly odd, since sweaty guys with guns and bad teeth really don't do anything for me. Here's the thing, though: I just spent two semesters of civil procedure learning the niceties of how to do this, that and the other thing, and maybe I'd like a little of the Old West when things were so simple. Why do we have to file motions? WHy don't we just kick people's asses anymore? How about a showdown at high noon? When some asshole pissed you off back then, you just knocked the table over, hit him over the head with a whiskey bottle and got on with your day; he therefore knew to never again, so long as ye both shall live, fuck with you. Now we have habeus corpus blah blah blah.
Perhaps this is why people watch wrestling. There just isn't enough good old fashioned ass kicking anymore. Maybe I should watch wrestling. Maybe I should be a wrestler! Only, it won't bring back the old west, and besides, if it did, I'd have to wear dresses.
Maybe I'll be a lawyer after all. Damn, because that means I still have two more exams to take...and I'm such a good shot, it really is a shame...

3 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha... i wonder how ringer would look in a cowboy hat....and if fox is a good shot.

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe this is what you are looking for http://www.legalreader.com/archives/images/fistfight.pdf

 
At 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 

Post a Comment

Law Blogs - Blog Top Sites

<< Home

BlogTagstic - Blog Directory