caligulawyer

The most smart aleck law student blog of them all. Do not try this at home.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Is it really my birthday? Crap!!

So today is my birthday. I'm only a little in a funk. How did I wake up 41? I feel ripped off somehow, like I skipped a decade or so, which is really no one's fault but my own, since the fact of the matter is I simply don't remember a decade or so. Dammit, at least four beer companies owe me a birthday present, and I am looking for cards from several bars, who, although it has been several years, probably do remember me. Maybe they are waiting for cards from me though, to apologize. Oh wait, one burned down. But I had nothing to do with that. So it's three to whom I owe apologies.

I am going rock climbing today and went to the beach with my girlfriend yesterday. We went to a nice beach with very little public access or parking, giving us the impression they do not want poor people like us there, although people who have no business in bathing suits and farting children are apparently OK. They also provide no public bathrooms, another indication that if you cannot afford a beach house,you should get the fuck out. But fuck them, I figure if fish can pee in the ocean, it's good enough for me. One of these days I will have my own beach house. I don't know about the name though, which appears to be important, given the crap on the signs at almost every beach house I've ever seen. I think I may just name it "Stupid name" and be done with it. Why do they feel the need to come up with bad puns? "Gull friend". You are not a friend to gulls. You are an idiot. And so on. Perhaps having enough money to buy a beach house somehow makes you the type of person to paint their house pink and name it something stupid, and I can't count out the possibility that this will not happen to me. People change. I mean look at me now, a once productive semi-young person sitting around surfing the internet in her pajamas bitching about bullshit on a blog in cyber space like anyone cares what I think. Care, damn you!! Make my sloth worthwhile!!

Tune in next update for more blathering about some crap. Happy birthday to me!!

3 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HURRAY AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOUNG'UN! (Beatles singing in background)

I have come up with a way of keeping my age in perspective. When I make references to feeling or being old, I've asked my students to say two words that make it all better: "Keith Richards."

He's been looking a hundred since he was 35, and a few weeks ago he fell on his head after he decided to climb a damned coconut palm. Later that day, he got on a Jet Ski and was in an accident. He's 62 and still doesn't have any sense.

It could be a lot worse, baby girl. We could be dead or we could be Keith Richards, who only gets laid when groupies say to themselves, "WTF? I've never done the undead before."

You're brilliant, you're cute, your girlfriend doesn't drug herself into oblivion to sleep with you, you're on the ascending arc of your career path, your cats adore you, you have a truck, you don't have to pretend that the same crap that you were doing 40 years ago is what you most want to do, and you're funny as hell.

 
At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday to you!!

 
At 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

 

Post a Comment

Law Blogs - Blog Top Sites

<< Home

BlogTagstic - Blog Directory