caligulawyer

The most smart aleck law student blog of them all. Do not try this at home.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Gimme back my tootsie pop

So I'm on the trial team and it's like a half time job. How long should it take to come up with a few opening statements, closing arguments, and questions for witnesses? About 20 hrs a week for 2 months, apparently. It's like "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll brand tootsie pop?" "I'm a fucking owl, how should I know?" oh, no, wait, that's not what he said. he took the kid's sucker, licked it a few times and ate it. stupid owl. or stupid kid? i'm not sure. but stupid me, anyway. i'm home so little the other day i was at the grocery store and started back to school instead of my house. i didn't want to live here but there you go.

I have a zen buddy who teaches me a lot. Lately the thing is something about hungry ghosts. The idea is that when a hungry ghost comes knocking - the ghost of tired, the ghost of pissed off, the ghost of feeling disgusted, whatever, - you let them in and hug them. I don't know why. I'd rather just not let his ghost ass in. Lately I want to just go hide somewhere anyway and I certainly don't want to go open the door for a stupid ghost. I am not ghost food. I just feel like a ghost myself half the time. It occurs to me that life is making one mistake after another and that sometimes I just really wish something would come out just right. But it never does. There's always a hungry ghost taking away my tootsie pop. Yes, this is whining. I feel like the little kid wandering around in the woods asking a fucking owl questions about a sucker. How did I get here? What happened that left me talking to owls and wanting to hide from hungry ghosts? It's called life, fellas, and there's the door. I guess I'll get my suckers out, feed the owls and let the ghosts come in.

2 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang girl. We are really going to have to celebrate when you are done with that trial shite. And we can take the owl, the kid, and the hungry ghost to dinner.

 
At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sense of poetry is remarkable. In your last sentence you hugged your own hungry ghosts and those of others. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Law Blogs - Blog Top Sites

<< Home

BlogTagstic - Blog Directory