caligulawyer

The most smart aleck law student blog of them all. Do not try this at home.

Friday, August 31, 2007

My imaginary friend

It's hard to stay in touch with people in law school, at least for me, especially when you don't drink, because that's what most people go out and do. People in school are sort of wrapping things up and planning to go their own separate ways by now, and it's hard to catch up with people out of school who still remember me, since I'm busy and terrified of the bar and in advanced tax until 8 and shit like that. Besides, I'm fucking cranky at the end of the day and really just want to kick back on the couch and watch "Charmed" just as often as not.
It's too bad I'm not religious, I'd hang out with church folk, they generally tend to hang out and not drink, but all that blood stuff totally creeps me out. Singing about bloody lambs and guys nailed to sticks is just not how I want to spend my Sunday mornings, God forgive me. I do go to the zen temple, but the plan there is NOT to talk, which makes it rather difficult to get to know people. I do, however, know how a lot of people breathe, if they have allergies or not and if they've memorized some chants in Japanese that, as far as we know, could actually translate to "butter, butter, chicken, monkey, butter, melon, monkey, butter, chicken, chicken, chicken butter, train, plane, pan."
Painted into a bit of a lonely corner here, I've invented an imaginary friend, caligu-buddy. Sad, right? Here's the warning if you are thinking about going to law school - it fucks everything up, including your social life, especially when you don't get fucked up, which is really rather ironic since this character and fitness stuff seems to be quite concerned with whether you have substance abuse problems. Well, I'm sober, but have lots to explain nevertheless. I imagine, among other things, I will have to take my socks off and show that I do not, in fact, have a lead foot, which is too bad, because it would explain a lot.
Well, caligu-buddy went to the store to get strawberries and tofu an hour ago and hasn't gotten back yet, so I guess I'll go call. She probably won't pick up the phone. I'm so burned out even my imaginary friends aren't reliable! Fortunately, she's replaceable, and even I can afford an imagination.


Until later,

caligulawyer and caligubuddy
your imaginative friends

1 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back! I loved the bit about mantras translated from the original language.

Remember the big-red-sun-my-aren't-we-internationally-hip-quasi-Japanese-hipster-T-shirts that come in and out of style every few years until the warehouses empty out? I've always suspected that they all say things like "I am the Running Dog of Capitalism and deserve all the stupid shit that happens to me."

 

Post a Comment

Law Blogs - Blog Top Sites

<< Home

BlogTagstic - Blog Directory